simple truths.... eternal consequences

Sunday, July 09, 2006

[Revelations]

How to love and obey God. (this question is the answer in itself)

1) How to show you truly love God
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
[John 14:21]
If you love Him, you will obey Him. Simple and direct.

2)How to obey God
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
[Matt 22:37-39]
See the irony? If you obey Him, you will love Him.

So this brings us to the question.
Loving God: Difficult or Simple?
I believe its both. Loving God is difficult due to our limited abilities and sinful nature. We find it hard to obey thus we find it a struggle to love Him. At the same time, loving Him is very simple due to His natural characteristic. The perfect gentleman. Fully Understanding. Overwhelming love. Unlimited forgiveness.

An unending circle. So where do we begin? It doesnt really matter, we just have to start somewhere, anywhere. Since loving is a choice and a feeling, the feeling must lead to an action. At the same time, the action will lead to a feeling. The former is obvious, but the latter is slightly more hidden. Allow me to explain. This is best illustrated when u try to obey him by loving people (attempted action). When you finally realise how hard people are to love, and at the same time understand how unlovable you are yourself, you will appreciate God's love for you and begin to love Him more (generated feeling).





Saving eternities is my task,
changing lives is my work,
love is my purpose.
Not size of group,
not achievements,
not results.
Remind me if i forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home