simple truths.... eternal consequences

Saturday, June 24, 2006

a glimpse into my brain. [perhaps its even the reasons for my headaches]

"God thinks the world of you."
-Pastor Jeff

that statement stuck. God always looks at us in the best possible light. I never quite understood how He does it. What's the word for it? Extreme optimism? i don't really know. i was asking myself a hypothetical scenario. What good thoughts can a person possibly think about the ultimate sinner that repents?
(ultimate sinner defined as a person that committed every single sin)
And so He told me.

God: "he would probably be the perfect counsellor for he would be able to identify with everyone."
Me: "....."

wow... what can i say to that? i guess God can use me people like too. =)



The worst kind of suffering is not the one that causes the largest degree of pain, but the type which you cant seem to see the purpose or reason for the suffering.
A mother giving birth may be in extreme pain, but she knows that when its over, she achieved something. A training sportsman may feel pain while training, but he knows that he's growing stronger. However in life, we get so many things thrown at us, yet we don't seem to see the point. Now, that's tormenting, for you dont even know why you're being tormented. Logically, i know He works for the best for me. Yet experiencially, it seems to differ. It sometimes make me doubt if He's for me. But the question we truly need to answer is, are we for him? Difficulties come if you attempt to move in a direction. Of course if you are drifting along, you face no opposition, for you arent achieving anything worth opposing. I guess its in this kind of circumstance you gotta learn to trust. Is this a test of trust from Him?



Actually, everyone needs a god. Its just they are too stubborn and prideful to admit it.
Man has 2 greatest needs. To be loved and to find their purpose. Both are found in God, and any other ways to achieve it are the devil's counterfeit and temporal.
Take note: Temporal here doesnt takes the lifespan as the reference point. I'm referring to eternity as the standard. Get the focus right.

"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, and neither do I. But, every day I hear people crying for one"
(whoever figures out where this quote comes from gets a treat from me)



No Turning Back.
I cant believe it, but the designer of the shirt is getting haunted by his designs.

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
[Luke 6:66-69]

God been speaking to me about this and i even typed many posts about it. And when i finally thought its over... He pops it into my quiet time again! (Is He preparing me for something?) Those disciples have no place else to go. They abandoned everything..... to the extent which even if they want to return to their ways, they are unable to do so.
We must put ourselves in similiar positions of no return. There's no other direction except forward.


I'm trudging on.
Barely, cause i have no place left to go.
I'm looking ahead,
because there's nothing behind left for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home