simple truths.... eternal consequences

Sunday, July 02, 2006

[haunted without a chance of escape.]

Guess what revelation did God give me today? Yes. Again. I cant escape. I simply cant. He strikes me so hard that the impact sends me reeling to find my footing.

Elisha then left his oxen and ran after Elijah. "Let me kiss my father and mother good-by," he said, "and then I will come with you." "Go back," Elijah replied. "What have I done to you?"
So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his attendant.

[1 Kings 19:20-21]


Then Elijah said to them, "I am the only one of the LORD's prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets. Get two bulls for us. Let them choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the LORD. The god who answers by fire -- he is God."
[1 Kings 18:22-24]


These two jokers had something in common.
One barbequed his own livelihood, the other challenged 450 prophets with a self proclaimed handicap (see 1 Kings 18-33:35) where the possibility of failure will equate to almost certain death.

Both are insane, but more significantly, both put themselves in a position of no return.




No turning back.
Need i say more?
What have you done to me God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home