simple truths.... eternal consequences

Friday, November 03, 2006

Save yourself. Don't come here. Don't read me.

Warning
The post below contains information that carries responsibility. It is not to be taken lightly or casually. You aren't accountable to me. You are accountable to Him. If you aren't ready, proceed no further. Any reading beyond this point will be taken as a non-verbal agreement of the above mentioned terms.
You have been warned.


Finally.
All the thoughts that have been swirling in my head for the past 2 weeks & 3 teachings.
Here we go.

Shirley's combination of teachings on faithfulness, learning and stewardship came at a right time i suppose. I have been pondering about it for quite some time already. In the beginning of the year, I asked God for insights into His word. I was discontented with indirect spiritual input. I wanted fresh daily bread. I wanted God to speak to me directly. He did. Revelation after revelation, thought after thought. He gave me new perspectives, new insights. That is part of the reason why this blog was birthed. I wanted to be faithful with my thoughts. He gave me this sharp mind for a reason.

Perhaps to be honest, some parts of the postings may be also due to fear. The truth is, every knowledge comes with strains of responsibility. Just like how we may excuse new believers that do not know what sin is until they read the 10 commandments, I believe all these insights that were revealed to me through the Holy Spirit are drenched with consequences.

Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives.
[Galatians 5:25] (The Message)


We need to act on our knowledge. Gathering knowledge for knowledge's sake is useless. In fact excessive knowledge may even be considered to be detrimental to growth as knowledge puffs up, yet love builds up. I fear knowledge, for with it comes heavy responsibilities.

As a matter of fact, the more truths you understand, the more 'sinful' you become. Not because the knowledge we gain is evil, but because the knowledge gained reveals how evil we are. It is like just a dirty mirror that is being polished; it does not add dirt onto its owner. It only reveals how dreadful our initial state is.

Here's the crux: every post made here contains knowledge, insights and responsibilities. With this knowledge made known, our lives CANNOT be lived the same as before!

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
[James 1:22-25] (NIV)


As I am merely human, my thought process is finite thus I may err in my thought process sometimes. For this, I believe we can adopt C.S Lewis's advice to his readers as well.

"Take it as one man's reverie, almost one man's myth. If anything in it is useful to you, use it; if anything is not, never give it a second thought."

BUT if you agree with my logic and theories, then some aspects of our lives will definitely have to change. Just like what Paul said, these posts come with inescapable implications!
Are we truly ready for what we are reading? As beautiful as the knowledge from God is to me, it is also a curse to me. To whom much is given, much is expected in return. I have much to account to God on judgment day. I have been given much knowledge, am I applying them or am I another one of those loud mouthed, hypocritical, law-knowledgeable Pharisee? I pray that I learn to edge closer to the former day by day.
My life is on display for all to see.
God help me.



"We have lost the excuse of ignorance once we have
gained the knowledge of God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home